NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
Positions include: paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance and State retirement.
Applications and job descriptions are available in the City Clerk's office located at City Hall. Hours of operation are Mon-Fri 8:00-5:00.
The City of Geneva is an equal opportunity employer, participates in e-verify and a drug free workplace.
Job Sources and Training Opportunities in Geneva/Wiregrass
Websites for local jobs:
1. joblink.alabama.gov- click on "Find a Job" / "cick Job Search" - enter location and put in mileage radius
2. Alabama Industrial Development Training-Alabama's training and pre-employment job training program- www.aidt.edu -click on job seekers
Local Employment Service Agency/Companies:
1. Dothan Career Center - joblink.alabama.gov - 334-792-2121
Workforce Development Services/Courses:
1. Wallace Community College's Center for Economic and Workforce Development-GED/computer skills/soft skills/technical skills/continuing adult education/Ready to Work - 334-983-35221- http;//www.wallace.edu/community_services.aspx services / workforce development
2. Alfred Saliba Family Services Center - Community Career Development / Small business assistance/ Camp Hire - 334-712-1542- www.salibacenter.org
New and On-going Training Opportunities
1. Agriculture and diesel technicians- Wallace Community College is scheduled to begin a 1 year program in May 2016. Employment opportunities at local tractor dealerships and trucking companies. Costs will be associated.
2. Sheet metal workers - Wallace Community College is scheduled to begin a program to train sheet metal worker. Classes set to begin in 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year. Costs will be associated.
3. Machining program - AIDT set to begin in 2nd or 3rd month training program in April 2016. Employment opportunities at local machine shops. No costs for selected participants.
4. CJet Academy - on going training for jobs at Commercial Jet - apply at www.aidt.edu; nest class set to begin April 8 and classes every 8 weeks till end of 2016; Please note that soft skills and some industrial related technical skills are necessary. No costs for selected participants.